Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gratitude Day 30 (The Last)

My little gratitude project is coming to a close. Can I be grateful that it's over?

No, I'm only kidding. It's been wonderful to slow down and be grateful for my many blessings this month. Big and small. I truly am blessed. But I've saved the best for last.

The thing I am most grateful for is the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is what defines me. It encompasses who I am and who I want to be. It is everything.

How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father. I am grateful that "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) That is how much He loves us. And that is the power of the atonement - that we can have everlasting life.

I know that my Savior lives, that He died for us, and that through His atonement, we can be exalted and receive everlasting life. I know that the only true way to gain happiness in this life is to live the principles of the gospel. And having this knowledge gives me great peace, comfort, and joy.

And that, my friends, is what it is all about. That is what makes life worth living. That is what I am the most grateful for.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a great way to end the month, Shannon! Thanks for a daily dose of thankfulness

Kay Hinton said...

I've SO enjoyed reading your gratitude and feeling your joy and spirit. Thanks for helping me have a better month! Now the 12 Days of Christmas????

Sabrina said...

Well said, Shan! Of course I whole-heartedly agree.