Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gratitude Day 29

You know that scene from Mary Poppins where Uncle Albert is laughing on the ceiling? And then everyone else laughs their way up there, too? I always thought that scene was awesome. I mean, who doesn't love to laugh? I never understood why they had to knock it off and be serious. That's just boring. If laughing that hard means you have to live on the ceiling, I'd say that is a small price to pay.

I am very fond of a good, deep, belly laugh. The kind where you laugh so hard your abs hurt. The kind where you laugh so hard you cry. Like this. I am crying again just watching this video. Seriously, tears. Or this. And anytime someone mentions swimsuits and galoshes, I am a goner. Think about it, a swimsuit and galoshes! Tell me that doesn't make you laugh! Obviously, laughing until you cry is a common occurrence at my house.

Laughter is the way I get through life. It's they way I cut the tension during a fight. It's the way I push myself through hard times. And is there anything more heart-warming than a baby's giggles? It soothes the soul.

Yes, I am thankful for laughter.

1 comment:

alisquire said...

When I started reading this I planned on making a comment on swimsuits and galoshes, but you beat me to it!

Btw, I know you posted about this ages ago, but we also love 'Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me' and like listening to podcasts on road trips.