Monday, November 21, 2011

Gratitude Day 21

This past Sunday one of the speakers referenced this talk by President Monson about gratitude. More specifically, he read the story near the end. The story is great, but one little thing stuck out to me: this family didn't have a washing machine. They didn't even have electricity. I mean, yes, this was back in the day, but they didn't have a washing machine.

So I got to thinking how grateful I am for my washing machine. First off, I'm grateful that someone invented that blessed machine. Seriously makes my life better. Can you imagine having to scrub all those clothes by hand? No thank you. And then, I'm grateful that we own one. I did gain some funny little stories from my laundromat days, but I'm so glad they are over. And especially now that we have kids, we do a lot of laundry. I always say, we might not get much done, but as long as we are caught up on laundry and dishes, we are going to survive.

AND, there are few things as wonderful as using a warm towel straight from the dryer. OK, so I guess that's my dryer, not my washer. I'm grateful for that, too.

No comments: