Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gratitude Day 22

I've already been thankful for my husband and my kids, so let's throw the rest of my family on there, too!

Let's start with my siblings. Growing up we had our fair share of squabbles, and even physical altercations. I may or may not have slapped my sister's leg and then claimed I was swatting a fly. I may or may not feel guilty about that to this day. The point is, we were normal siblings. But now that we are all adults, I feel like we get along great. These people are my friends. (Hopefully they feel the same way, or this is a really embarrassing post.) I have this dream that someday we'll live closer to one another and then we'll be able to get together for game nights, where we can chat and play and laugh late into the night. I don't know that it will ever be reality, but it's a great dream. I mean look at these guys, who wouldn't want to hang out with them?



Then there are my parents. My mom and dad are all that is good and right in the world. They both have degrees in library science, which is AWESOME. Between them, I think they know everything there is to know in the whole world. If I ever have a question, I just call my mom. She's almost as good as Google, and a lot more personable. And I think my favorite thing about my dad is the way he plays with my kids. Julia and Ella LOVE their Opa, and they have such a great time being "goofs."

Also, my extended family is amazing. And far reaching. I have found numerous connections with people here in Michigan through my extended family. And all the Hursts are so close with one another. It's not often that you find such a large family that supports each other so completely. Makes me glad to be a part of it.

And then, AND THEN, I have been blessed with the best in-laws you could ask for. Once again, I wish we lived closer so we could hang out. I have felt so welcome in their family ever since we got married. No, that's not true, you'd have to go back further. Ever since. . . I met them? That might be a little closer to the truth. Maybe someday we'll all be in the same place at the same time again (this summer?? hint hint? anyone game?).

(And is this really the most recent picture I have of the Blockburger clan? I guess I have one on my dresser that is a bit more recent, but still. I'm serious about this summer.)

What it all boils down to is, I am grateful for my family. My large, ever-growing, extended family.

No comments: