Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gratitude Day 15

I've already been grateful for my favorite radio show, so it only seems right that I should be grateful for one of my favorite television shows: The West Wing.

This show is quick, and funny, and so well done. I love all the banter between the characters. I love the characters. I love the setting. Heck, this show makes me love Democrats! (Not that I am a Democrat. Not that I am a Republican either. That's a whole other topic. Back to the West Wing.) Clark and I borrowed the first 4 seasons from Suzanne early in our marriage and went through them pretty quick. Then she didn't have season 5, so we didn't watch any more. And then, Netflix entered our lives. Glorious Netflix! The West Wing has been a part of our lives ever since. We watch all 4 episodes on a disc over 2 days, then turn it back in, wait 2 days, and get another disc. We are currently in the last season. After tonight, we'll only have one more disc to go.

I'm kind of sad to see the end of the show. It's such a great show! And it was so sad to see Leo McGarry go. What a great character! So while I'm excited to watch the last few episodes, I'm a bit hesitant to go through them too fast.

Ah, who are we kidding? I can't wait to watch them. In fact, I'm off to watch another episode (or two) right now! So grateful we've been able to watch it in its entirety. Any suggestions for a replacement show once we're done with this run?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Elliott just finished watching season 5 for the first time! We don't have Netflix so we get them from the library.

I don't have any tips for a new show to pick up, though. Elliott had me watch the first season of the X Files with him, but I didn't love it like he had hoped.

Shari said...

Numb3rs on NBC. There are 6 seasons. I have watched the first 5 but have not seen the last season...soon, though!!