Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Let the Gratitude Begin!

It occurred to me today that we are now in the month of gratitude. November = Thanksgiving. And as such, I've decided to be grateful for one thing each day. So I had a little chat with Julia today on our walk home from the park (that's right, the park. On November 1st. It's a glorious thing, this season called fall.), and asked her to think of one thing that she is grateful for.

Her answer: Fruit. And more specifically, grapes and apples.

I think that is a fine answer. I, myself, love some good fruit. Healthy, and yet sweet. Good one Julia.

So then I told her that I was grateful for fall (see above). It really is a lovely season, what with the changing leaves and the cooler temperatures and the apples (you know, fruit). I have really enjoyed the past 2 months, and I've REALLY enjoyed the fact that fall has lasted 2 whole months, instead of the week and a half it usually is in Utah.

It was after this delightful little conversation that I decided I need to make this a daily occurrence in this fine month of November. Because we all need to be a little more grateful, and I definitely need to teach my dear daughters how truly blessed we are. And the best way to make sure this happens is to do it publicly. Then I feel accountable. So there you go. Day one of gratitude. 29 to go.

No comments: