Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gratitude Day 13

I think I've mentioned our neighbor before? George is 95, and he's wonderful. He bakes, and gives us the extra (pies, cakes, banana bread, etc). He gave the girls a special Halloween surprise (trick-or-treat baskets with goodies inside). It brightens my day to see him out and about on his motorized chair with the orange flag blowing in the wind. He's very spry, and he loves the girls. And the girls love him! I am so grateful that we're his neighbor.

But the thing I am Officially Grateful for today is George's gift of the newspapers. I mentioned to him a while back that I don't really know what's going on in the world as we don't get the paper, and we don't get TV. (In case you were wondering, we HAVE a TV, we just don't get any channels. And we still watch plenty of television programming, courtesy of Netflix and Hulu.) So he asked me if I wanted his newspapers, when he's done with them. Um, YES. He gets the local paper, and he was getting the Wall Street Journal, but he just switched to USA Today (he likes their sports page better). It has been delightful to get the paper again. And it really doesn't matter that I get it a day late (if that, George is a quick reader), because I wouldn't have time to read it before then, anyway. I sort of can't believe that I went so long without it. I love reading it. AND, as a bonus, we get all the Sunday coupons.

Now, if you'll excuse me, the Sunday comics are calling to me.

No comments: