Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gratitude Day 20

A few months ago, I sort of whined about how crazy our Sundays have become. I stand by the statement that they are crazy. BUT, I feel like they've gotten a bit better. Ella is a little older, they split the nursery at church (40 kids is too many for one class, don't you think?), and it probably doesn't hurt that I know we only have to do 11:30 church for a few more weeks and then we get the coveted 9am start time.

Every time Julia prays, she says the same thing: "Bless the Sabbath Day." She sometimes mixes up "Bless" and "Thankful," so we'll just pretend that she says, "Thankful for the Sabbath Day." She says this on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, all the days. As I've been pondering what I'm thankful for (it's harder than you'd think to come up with 30 things!), I thought it was appropriate that we are thankful for the Sabbath Day. Sure, it's crazy, but it's a good crazy. I'm so grateful that we have one day a week that is different than any other day. One day that we don't do anything but focus on Jesus Christ and how we can come closer to him. One day that we spend going to church and being together as a family. It's rejuvenating, really. And it helps me keep my focus where it needs to be, not bogged down in the everyday minutia.

I'm thankful for the Sabbath Day.

No comments: