Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Folding, and folding, and folding. . .

Laundry day always brings such unexpected events. You just never know who is going to be in the laundromat or what they are going to be doing. Today, I walked in there to find a girl standing there folding laundry, and an older woman putting her stuff in the washing machines. I noticed that each of these women seemed to be doing quite a few loads, as the washers and dryers were almost all being used. But I thought little of it, put my laundry in, and started reading my book.

I was pretty absorbed in my book, so I didn't really notice until I put my laundry in the dryer that the girl folding clothes was still there. And still folding clothes. This puts her folding alone at 1/2 hour. That is a long time to fold clothes. I pushed start, and went back to my book.

When my laundry was done, I went to get it, and saw the folder still folding away. This means that she took over an hour just for folding, because who knows how long she had been there when I got there, and who knows how much longer she will be there. All I can say is I am happy to do my laundry once a week and not have to sit and fold it for an hour. That and I hate folding laundry at the laundromat. I'd rather keep my privacy and fold my underwear at home, thank you very much.

No comments: