Wednesday, November 29, 2006

"You can't handle the truth!"

I'd like to report a lie.

OK, it may be only a half lie.

I am a big library fan. I enjoy reading, and I enjoy watching movies from the library. It's a great place. So when the St George library closed down last month, I was a bit sad. They are moving into a nice new building, which is wonderful, but I miss being able to go to the library. I can still go to the library in Santa Clara, which is a nice library, but it is a bit far away. And so many items are "St George library property," so they are in boxes being moved into the new building, and thus cannot be checked out. They closed November 4, and will reopen "in early January of 2007."

My beef is this quote in the FAQ section on their website:

How can I keep up-to-date on the library move?
This website will be updated regularly with information on the library move.


This would lead one to believe that they would have some more recent information up. Lies! The last time this site was updated was mid-October when they announced the move. It's almost December, people! I don't really know what I was expecting to see on there, but when they tell me more information is forthcoming, I expect to see something. Alas, I'll have to wait to find out how the move is going, and more importantly, when I can pick up my next book. . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a sad, sad day for the professionalism of librarians everywhere. All I can say is, "They should ought to have known better!" But do not let this one isolated incident destroy your faith in libraries. The vast majority of librarians will continue to maintain their integrity in the face of budget cuts and moving vans.

Shanny said...

MOM! You posted! I'm so proud.