Monday, November 27, 2006

Album


While we were in Salt Lake this weekend, I found this book at my parents' house. I had never seen it before, so I asked where it came from. As it turns out, my parents just received it not too long ago, quite randomly actually. Someone called them up and told them that while cleaning out the attic, they found this book. I guess there was some piece of paper in there that identified Florence Anderson of Salt Lake City. After looking her up in familysearch.org, they found my dad's name as a contributor of genealogy. So they called him up, and he went and picked it up. It's just an old album with tons of really old pictures in it. Most of them aren't labeled, so who knows who they are. It's kind of sad, really, because those pictures would be worth so much to the right person, we just have no idea who that would be. We think this one is Florence (who is my dad's great aunt):

Pretty cool, if you ask me. My parents didn't know what to do with it, though, because they don't know who any of the people are. They even mentioned they were going to give it to the DI. I said, "The DI?! No, don't do that, I'll take it!" So now I have it. I don't really know what I'm going to do with it either, but at least it looks really cool. If anyone has any suggestions, send them my way.

(As a side note, Thanksgiving was grand. Plenty of food, family, friends, and good times. I don't really have much to say about it, other than it was good.)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You don't know who any of the people are? How sad. Maybe you could cross-reference them with pictures of people you do know? It could be like a little CSI:Genealogy project.

It's a cool album - if nothing else, you could put your own pictures in it.