Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Obituary

Our beloved friend, Charles "Charlie" Blockburger, has moved on to the next life. He died peacefully of natural causes.

During the span of his life, Charles moved 4 times, and experienced joy in each place. He was well beloved by all who knew him. He never complained, even when we forgot to feed him. His motto was to "Just Keep Swimming." He will be sorely missed.

Services were held on Nov 13, 2006 at 10:00 at night. The family gathered around the toilet for a few words and then a burial at sea. Tears were shed. At this time of grief, we ask that you try to remember the good times had with this fish, and not dwell on his sad passing. If you would like to post your favorite memories of Charles, you may do so on this blog. Thank you.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the passing of Charles. He was a good guy; we spent a lot of time together this last summer. I know Michael and Benjamin are going to miss him particularly.

Sabrina said...

Oh my! I wish I had spent more time with him the last time I was at your apartment. Sometimes we forget to take advantage of the time we do have. I will cherish the memories of babysitting him while you went out town, keeping him in the back room as contraband, just in case the "Community Aids" happened to stop by. He will be missed.

Alex said...

Alas, I never got to meet the little guy, but it sounds like he was quite the stud. My heart goes out to you both, as you go through this terrible time of grief. Rest assured he will be watched over in that great big fishtank in the sky... I bet he and our Stinky (whom we lost Feb2005)has welcomed him with open fins!