Thursday, November 09, 2006

Spiders

First off, I have been playing the same game of spider solitaire for like an hour. I would lose, and then hit "Restart This Game," and then I'd lose, and this cycle continued until I finally won! Determination pays off, kids.

The second spider of the day: I was putting away the box of cereal when I looked up and there was a HUGE spider on the ceiling! I'm standing there in my slippers thinking, "What do I do?" I am not a tall woman. It would be awkward for me to reach up there and smoosh it with a shoe. Not to mention the fact that my aim is terrible, and sometimes it takes me 2 tries to kill those spry spiders. I was not about to let that spider come crashing down on my head. And then I thought of all those other bugs out there that spiders eat, and how much more I hate the other bugs, i.e. flies. So I decided my best bet was to set the spider free. I was a little, ok, a lot nervous, but I kept my cool, grabbed a cup and a piece of paper, pulled a chair over, and captured the spider. Getting the door unlocked was tricky, but I managed, and set him free. He immediately started back towards the house (the little ingrate), so I slammed the door shut and locked it. He may re-enter, but I feel good about giving him a second chance to stay outside and do his job.

I've decided that spiders, while creepy, are a whole lot better than the cockroach problem we could be having. Bugs that crunch when you smash them are way worse for me. I pray that the cockroach spray continues to work it's miracle.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Shannon, you are braver than I. I would have just monitored the spider until it came within range of a vacuum with attachments, or until Clark came home. Then let him deal with it.