Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hail the conquering hero!

Moments ago I was engaged in a battle of the fiercest sort. There was even a point where I believed I could not prevail. But in the end, I conquered my enemy! Yes, the giant stapler jam is no more.

I've had trouble with this large stapler before, it never seems to actually be working properly. But usually I can take care of the jam in just a few minutes. This time, there was real trouble. The biggest problem with the stapler is that when it does get jammed, the bottom does swivel away, as with normal staplers. No, you are forced to come in at an angle, try to use the stapler jaws of life to get at those daggers of metal, and pray that you aren't stabbed in the process. It was quite the spectacle, I'm sure, staples were flying, but I finally got that last one out with the letter opener. It was empty then, so I reloaded. You can bet your life that I'm not going to be the first one to use that thing - let some other sap see if I actually fixed the problem, I'm staying far far away from it.

No comments: