Thursday, October 12, 2006

"Truly, a sight to behold." - name that quote!

I love an easy meal. Anything that you can just pop out of a can or a box, I am all about it. One of my favorites is just a box of macaroni and cheese, a can of chili, and a can of corn. It's easy, it's got the nutrition of the corn, it's filling, and it makes great leftovers. We had this meal for dinner last night. I decided that I wanted plenty of it, so I doubled it. 2 of each. Things were going fine until I added the 2nd cans of chili and corn. It was then that I realized that my biggest pot was definitely not going to work, but I was not about to dirty another pot when we were done preparing. All I had to do was stir. Now, it takes real talent to stir a very full pot and mix things around. Particularly when the pot is so full, it is over the top. Enter Clark. And what do I do the second I hear the door opening? I start laughing. Heartily. So he comes in and finds me laughing and trying to stir this ginormous pot of chili-macaroni and cheese, and that just makes me laugh harder, because how funny is that, he comes home to a crazy-woman wife. I just wanted to share that thought with you. I managed to mix it all up, and it was delicious, and we do indeed have a ton of leftovers. But the process to get there was indeed a sight to behold.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Why can't I think of where this quote came from. I swear it's on the tip of my tongue. So, do we get to have some of your chili mac extravaganza leftovers this weekend? :)

Shanny said...

Hey, man, if you want some leftovers, you are more than welcome to have them. There is a lot, believe you me.