Thursday, October 19, 2006

"I wanna wash my hair in SNOW!"

Finally, we will get to see some snow! Well, probably. We are beginning the trek to Colorado this evening, and it is much colder there than it is here. And they are expecting some precipitation this weekend. So, I'm hoping we get to see snow. I am a winter person, which makes it kind of funny that we moved to St George. Of course, I do like fall as well, with the crisp temperatures, and the fall down here is much longer than it was in Salt Lake. We get these nice, cool temperatures without being cold for like months, rather than a week. Well, months might be an exaggeration, but considering that it doesn't get so cold here in the winter, it will feel more like fall. The only thing that I miss about fall is the changing of the leaves. There are a lot of palm trees here. Maybe we'll get some red leaves when it gets even colder, but I'm kind of getting the feeling that it will go from green to brown in a hurry. And we don't have mountains with trees to see all the leaves on. We've got red rock, which is beautiful, just not the best environment for trees to grow. But this all leads us back to the fact that I am excited to go on vacation. I'm even excited for the road trip part of it, we've got some books on CD, and good music, we'll be good. You have to be in the right mood to spend 11 hours in the car each way, and luckily I'm feeling that mood this week. It will be quite nice. And of course, we get to see sweet baby Lauren!

As a side note, washing your hair in snow does not work, and just the thought of it makes me very, very cold.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Ah snow... I remeber that stuff... white, cold, fluffy and all happy-like. *sigh* I miss the snow... OK doesn't get much of it and when we do its not big fat beautiful flakes... its more like sleet than anything else. Dumb southern plains... grrr.