Friday, October 27, 2006

My Scary Movie Research

Speaking of dark movies, I decided last night that I was uneducated about some of the most well-known scary movies of all time. So I did a bit of online research. Now, notice that I didn't say the best scary movies of all time, because after reading up a bit, I don't know that anyone could really say they are the best. But then again, I haven't seen them, so what do I know?

I started out by looking up the Halloween movies. They have some official website with pictures and plots of all the movies, of which there appear to be 8, with another one in the making. After that, I looked up Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, and Freddy Kreuger on wikipedia, which is actually kind of funny because they all have full-on biographies, even though they are fictional characters. I was reading all this, and I couldn't help but think, "Really? This sounds so dumb!" Especially when you get to things like Freddy vs. Jason, who on earth thought that was a good idea? Let these people die! Find new villians! Think up new storylines! I mean, honestly. I can see how the first movie or two would have been scary. In fact, I was a little scared sitting there by myself reading about psychopathic serial killers. But once you get to these people trying to kill their grandnephew, and being raised from the dead by lightening, it gets to be a little ridiculous. It just turns into an excuse for gore. So, while I now feel that I at least know what all these movies are about, I still have no desire to watch them.

No comments: