Monday, October 16, 2006

They did the mash!

First off, we have some random comedic items:

Monster Mash came on the radio just now. I just think it's hilarious that they play that song on the radio, it's the only Halloween song that gets any credit.

I was looking on a friend's blog and found one of the funniest websites I have seen in a long time: www.improveverywhere.com. Their "missions" are just hilarious. For the first time in my life, I want to live in New York so that I can see these guys in action. "Rob!" is my favorite thus far, although I did rather enjoy the "Aspen" mission as well. If you are bored, head on over and have a few laughs.

Now, on to the weekend report. The Millars came down for the weekend, and we had us some good old fashioned fun. We stayed up late playing Mexican Train and Fantan, saw Silver Reef (it's a ghost town), hiked in the red rocks, ate Coldstone ice cream, and just chilled at the apartment. It was all very relaxing, and highly enjoyable. I miss doing this more often, the Millars are fun people. The pictures are on our home computer currently, so I'll try to post some this evening. I'm hoping that we can get up to Provo sometime soon and do this again. Of course, we've got Thanksgiving coming up, and then Christmas, and then they'll have their baby, so we'll probably see them sometime inbetween all that hullabaloo. But I'm really thinking we might need to take a weekend other than a holiday weekend to get ourselves up there - you just keep that in mind, Brabrina.

In related news, we are going to Colorado this upcoming weekend to meet our niece, Lauren. We are very excited about that, even if the drive is long. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Don't forget about Thriller (not that we like that man very much, but they do play it every year). My wife (alex) points out that this may be a special Oklahoma case... So, uh, never mind. By the way you look like my sister Jana when she was a spastic brownie. (MMMMM Brownies)

Shanny said...

Ah, Thriller, how could I forget. One of the longest songs ever written. And you know, brownies was so much fun, but the 80's, now there is a sorry looking decade. How can it be coming back? Who really thinks that bringing leg warmers back in style is a good idea? Did anyone actually look good in the 80's?