Monday, October 23, 2006

The Colorado Adventure!

Well, Colorado was certainly an adventure! My companions have already blogged about the trip, which I find funny seeing as we got back last night. Ah, the joys of having a laptop and hotels with Wi-Fi. So, you can look at their blogs for more details. I'll just give my highlights.

The drive out there was not too bad, since we broke it up into 2 days. Really, that is the way to go. It made me think about how fun it could be to just go on a road trip, and not really have any destination. Driving is fun, but it could be more fun to just go and see what is out there. Just go, and if you see something that looks interesting, pull off and check it out. I don't know that I will ever do this, mostly because there is definitely a part of me that needs to know where I'm sleeping at night, but I think it would be fun. It was also fun to experience so much weather! We left from St George, land of warmth and sun, where it is just early fall, no leaf changing yet, and then it just got a big colder, and a bit colder, we saw some snow on the ground, etc. Once we got into Colorado, we saw the yellow leaves, fall in full force. And then we went up Monarch's pass, where it was snowing. Winter, full force. But once we got off the peak, we were back in fall. It was kind of funny.

The biggest highlight: Sweet baby Lauren! She is adorable, and such a good baby. At least while we were there, she never really full out cried. If she was fussy, or started crying, you just give her a bottle and she's fine. Very easy to please. Such a sweet baby. I only wish we lived closer so we could see her more often! And it was fun to see Carrie and Clint. Again, I wish we lived closer. I love it when you can visit someone you haven't seen in a while and it's just comfortable. I am a nervous soul, Clark can attest to that, I worry so much about what to say to people and what to do, but this weekend was just so comfortable. I loved it. It was relaxing.

Relaxing until Saturday evening, that is. That is when we were in the car accident. Suzanne's blog has more details on that, I don't need to type it all up again. Everyone was fine, except for the poor car. But it was startling, and it got me a bit worked up. It was cold, waiting there for the cops and the tow truck to come, and I was shivering, but I don't know if that was from the cold or from just being unnerved. Needless to say, that was not relaxing. And there is so much to figure out after an accident, where to take the car, call insurance companies, how you will drive (particularly when you are in another state), etc. And this wasn't even my car! But it all worked out.

On Sunday we went to church to see Lauren's blessing. It was a good experience, just to see what another faith believes, and what their Sunday meeting is like. I guess I've never really realized how different we Mormons are. We really are. Most Christian faiths have some common threads, and they do similar things. We are the crazy, whacked out Mormons, who do weird things. And I do love that old building, it was very beautiful. The people in the congregation were very nice, as well, I was impressed with all of them.

So there, you go. You thought when I said highlights that this would be short, didn't you? Well, you were wrong! I might think of some other funny tidbits later on, we shall see. But then, I might just be so busy at work that I won't have time to do anything. HA, I really am quite funny, aren't I?

1 comment:

Alex said...

Geepers, sorry to hear about the car accident! I'm glad you guys are ok though and that no one was injured. What in the heck was that person doing???