Monday, October 09, 2006

SOS

Today is a rainy day. I love rainy days! This past week I have decided that I would love to live in Seattle. I've thought that before, but really, I could wake up every morning to the sound of rain, or at least the overcast sky. And the cool weather, I can't get enough of it! And now I live in St George, with the heat of the devil in the summer. Oh well, maybe someday. And I'm sure it's cheaper to live in St George than it would be in Seattle, or San Francisco. That city is very expensive, but it is so cool. Fog is almost as cool as rain. I would love to live there.

I went in to SOS staffing today for my interview. It was good, went well. Not that I didn't think it would go well. I took my office skills test as well, proving that I can add, subtract, multiply, divide, spell, use commas, and type like a maniac. So, that went well. Now I just wait. I think it will be good. I'm sure I can get a job. The biggest thing is I want to do temp stuff so that I can take time off when I need to, you know, for vacations and Christmas and stuff. I'm not sure how much temp work there is here, but we shall see. I'm optimistic.

One funny thing happened at SOS. I brought my passport in for my proof of citizenship, instead of my social security card. I was mostly excited because I had a passport to bring in, I figure I might as well use it for something, even if it's not international travel. So, I showed it to them, and the guy had to go ask his boss about something, and asked if it was new. Turns out on most passports under Authority it lists a city, like San Francisco or Boston or something. But on the new ones, and thus on mine, it says United States Department of State. Interesting, eh? So now you can all go check it out on your passports, see what it says. That will be your fact of the week.

No comments: