Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sensitive Shopping

I went to Target today to purchase some. . . feminine items. I found the correct aisle, and was about to peruse the selection, when I noticed someone else was already on that aisle. Someone of the male persuasion. Not wanting to make an embarrassing moment for us both (OK, let's be honest, mostly for myself), I walked down another aisle to look at something else. I took my sweet time, allowing him all the time he needed for, well, whatever he could be finding down there. Then I came back. Still there. So I looked at something else for a while. Came back. Still there. I did this once more, and then decided that I'd just have to get over it and go find what I needed. So I went back to the aisle, and saw the guy grabbing what he needed - a whole bunch of condoms. I stalled for just another minute before actually going down, and miraculously he left right before I finally entered the aisle. So yeah, I thought it was kind of humorous that this guy took a good 5 minutes pondering what type of condom to get. The selection isn't that big, kiddo, just pick one and be gone. And I'd have to imagine that most guys would want to get away from the feminine hygiene section as quickly as possible. I guess not for this guy.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Haha, that reminds of being a cashier at Dan's when people were buying condoms. They would either not make any eye contact with you or giggle the whole time.