Monday, January 08, 2007

Churchings

Clark mentioned that we got a new bishop. As a result, we got a new Relief Society Presidency. You see, the old RS president is married to the new bishop, so rather than kill the Fakahuas, they decided to release her. They did the calling and releasing yesterday in Sacrament Meeting. A bit later, I went to Relief Society, to see Sister Fakahua still conducting the meeting. Makes sense, I guess, the new presidency hadn't been set apart yet. And according to our little program, she was teaching the lesson as well, presidency message and all. I thought that was appropriate. As it turns out, instead of actually having a lesson, the bishopric came in and set apart the new members of the presidency, and then we had some testimony bearing by the new and old, and then we were done. I thought that was kind of interesting. I don't think I've ever been there for the setting apart of a new RS president. Or at least I don't remember it. It's not something that happens all that often, so I'm not sure. But in any event, we've got a new presidency, and I'm sure they'll do a great job.

As a side note, it turns out that I'm going to be on the Enrichment Committee. I don't know if it's an official calling or not, because I just got a call from the Enrichment Leader asking me if I wanted to be on her committee. No priesthood involved as of yet. Either way, I'm excited to be involved in our ward.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Are these you guys's first callings in the ward? Did it really take that long to get a calling? Can I move into your ward?

Shanny said...

Yup, these are our first callings. Maybe it helps that we have an enormous influx of people around this time of year (good old snowbirds!). And it can't hurt that I do a spectacular job of remaining anonymous. I don't think the RS pres (old or new) even knows my name, nor do I think the bishop (old or new) knows my name.