Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New jobbings

First of all, I was checking things out online this morning, doing the rounds on the blogs, and not much was going on. This afternoon I've been busy at work (my new job, woo hoo!), and I just checked Adam's linkfest. WHOA! Here I've been checking it for days, and then within less than 2 hours, BAM, 7 posts. I just thought it was funny.

So, as I stated just a moment ago, I started my new job at Novell today. It's just some data updating, nothing too glamorous, and I am working from home, which is wonderful (Novell is in Provo, for those of you who are unaware, and yes, I got this job through our dear Sabrina). Anyway, I got started. It took a very very long time for me to just get going. I had to download software, which was much more painful that it should have been. And then there were numerous other technical problems, which added up to the fact that I probably spent something like 3 out of 4.5 hours of work just waiting for things to load up, or re-opening Internet Explorer for the 1,000th time. Maybe that is a slight exaggeration, but really not by much. Then again, those 3 hours of waiting allowed me to figure out how a few things work in this system, so in the end it all works out. Now I am tired of the computer. And hungry. I didn't actually eat lunch. (This is the part where Clark says, "See? Now you know how it happens to me!") So yeah. What a boring post. I'll have to find something to spice it up tonight.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Having only spent about 3 hours to get up and going really isn't too bad in the world of Novell. I think it took about a week for me to get everything working, and then, no one had any time to explain everything to me so I would read the innerweb to learn how to do stuff. So much fun!

Clark said...

When I worked at Williams International the first summer, it took them something like 2 weeks before I got a computer.