Tuesday, January 02, 2007

"Please leave a message. . ."

We made it home from vacation! It is always bittersweet to come back after Christmas break. There is part of me that is very glad to be back in my own home with my own bed and all of my own things around me. And it is nice to get back into daily life. But then again, you have to get back to daily life. It's not always fun! Clark had to head off to work this morning, and I have to do all the household chores, including laundry, unpacking, and grocery shopping (the last one is less like a chore and more like a fun outing for me - I love food!). And errands. Good old errands.

We got home last night to find 3 messages on our answering machine. 3! That is a lot! And nobody calls us anyway, to find that we had 3 messages was astounding, and very exciting! So we listened to them. Message 1: "This is a personal message for Javier Gonzales. . ." It's totally a machine. Some pre-recorded message for someone that doesn't even live here. Message 2: "This is a personal message for Javier Gonzales. . ." The same message. And message 3 was the same as well. 3 messages, all from a machine for someone who doesn't even live here. LAME. Oh well. Better luck next time, eh?

No comments: