Friday, January 12, 2007

A Few Random Items

First off, Carrie has made mention that she can't comment on my blog. I, of course, don't know anything about how to fix that. So what do I do? I ask Clark to fix it for me! And he has! So comment away, you anonymousers!

Next, I just have to say that it's great to see some previous "lurkers" commenting on Clark's blog. Now I've got another blog to add to the mix. And I must say, Wendy is a very clever woman.

Finally, I went to my first Enrichment Committee meeting last night. It was good. I have no idea why they wanted me on this committee, but oh well. Seriously, the leader is the most cutesy/crafty/creative person I know. I walked into her house and about died, everything was so, I don't know the right word, decorated? But in a good way. My house will never look like that. And then we got to talking about what Enrichment Activity Groups we wanted to get going, and everyone seemed to be all about the crafts. I was sitting there thinking, um, I don't do crafts, let alone teach others how to do them. So I am in charge of the "Specialty Group," which is really just the everything else category. It's a good fit, really, because all I have to do is find people who know how to do things, and then ask them to teach us. For instance, there is a lady who wants to share her knowledge about cake decorating. That is fabulous, but we aren't going to come up with a cake decorating group, it's more of a 1 or 2 class deal. So, the specialty group does that. And then maybe the next month we'll do something like a self defense class. I guess you could say it's the Random Self Improvement group, and we all know I am all over random things. Now I've just got to work on the self-improvement. . .

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I think I am missing the crafty gene too. It just doesn't work for me, but your group sounds pretty cool. I am all about random tips and tricks on self-improvement.

Suzanne said...

I know what you mean about the craftiness. The one time I was in charge of Enrichment, we learned how to check our oil, tire pressure, etc.

Nathan said...

I'll vote for you for relief society president if you promise to work on projects from "Myth Busters" or "Monster Garage" during your Enrichment meetings.