Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Light the World Day 8: Jesus Prayed for Others and So Can You

You can find more information here.

Due to a previously scheduled trip to Feed My Starving Children tomorrow, I pulled a switcheroo and did #8 today.  I listened to Elder Nelson's talk about prayer while doing the dishes (this is the only way the dishes get done, if I'm distracted enough to tolerate it).  Directly afterwards, I did my regular scripture study, tacking on some extra time to read about prayer.  Here is what I took away from it: I need to pray more often, and more sincerely. I have a testimony of the power of prayer, but sometimes I forget just how specific and personal my prayers can and should be.  Today I resolve to spend more time on my knees, speaking with my Heavenly Father.

No comments: