Sunday, December 18, 2016

Light the World Day 18: Jesus Honored the Sabbath and So Can You

You can find more information here.

Sundays are generally about the same around here.  And while I don't always find them to be a day of "rest," I do always find them to be restorative.  Sunday is the day I am spiritually fed, the day I refocus my perspective and remember who I am and why I'm here.  It's the day I renew my baptismal covenant by partaking of the sacrament, and in so doing recommit myself to trying a little hard to live a little better. 

This Sunday was also our stake's (multi-congregational group) annual Christmas Singalong Concert, which is one of my favorite nights of the year.  We have spent weeks practicing, and tonight we gathered together to sing Christmas carols and celebrate the birth of our Savior in song.  And again, my spirit was fed.  What a wonderful way to honor the Sabbath.

No comments: