Thursday, December 01, 2016

Light the World Day 1: Jesus Lifted Others' Burdens and So Can You

You can find more information here.

As a family we read Matthew 11:28-30 and talked about how Jesus makes our burdens lighter (even though the burden is often still there).  It made me think about times of crisis I've experienced, and how often the crisis continued on for days, or weeks, or months, or years, but I was able to find moments of peace, the reassurance of God's love for me and His plan for my life, and strength from those wonderful people who were put in my path to help me.  Truly my Savior has lifted my burdens and allowed me to find rest in my soul.

One of the women I visit teach was in need of some clothes for her kids.  I put out the call on social media, and collected bags and bags of hand me downs for her.  Today I delivered the last 2 bags.  I hadn't planned this in conjunction with the Light the World initiative, but it worked out that this small, culminating task lined up with this day.  I have been in awe that we were able to procure exactly the sizes needed, just through used clothes sitting in homes waiting to be donated to Goodwill.  I love it when I get to see glimpses of how we are all connected and God uses us to help His children. 

No comments: