Sunday, December 25, 2016

Light the World Day 25: Jesus's Disciples Followed Him and So Can We

You can find more information here.

It's Christmas Day!  The most wonderful day of the entire year!  We spent the day enjoying presents, going to church (and providing just about all the music), and spending time with friends.  And, of course, being grateful for the gift of the Savior. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed this Light the World challenge.  I love a list, and I love checking things off a list.  But more than that, I have enjoyed finding concrete ways to bring light to the world, and to emulate Jesus Christ.  I am grateful for the example he gave us in his perfect life, as well as the gift of the Atonement that allows us to return home again. 

I've been looking over last year's resolutions, assessing how things have gone, and planning my focus for next year.  In so doing, I've been thinking a lot about the things I've done this past month.  What can I change in my life to become more like Jesus Christ?  I mentioned earlier that I started a gratitude journal back up.  I think finding the little things to be grateful for in everyday life is a wonderful way to remember our Heavenly Father and all the gifts He has given us, including the gift of His Son.  So that is what I intend to do this year, to keep a gratitude journal in an attempt to allow more joy to flow into my life.

No comments: