Thursday, December 15, 2016

Light the World Day 15: Jesus Worshipped Through Song and So Can You

You can find more information here.

One of today's challenges is to "Share your favorite performance of a Christmas hymn on social media."  I posted this version of O Holy Night on Facebook, because I love it.  But the truth is, I don't have a favorite Christmas hymn.  I CAN'T have a favorite Christmas hymn.  That's like asking me which child I like best, I simply cannot pick one of another.  I do have some I love more than others (unlike my children), but I love them all.  I thought about listing the songs I love most, and I ended up listing everything in my hymnbook, plus some that aren't.  Perhaps my favorite performance is the one I am participating in at that moment.  I love to sing hymns of praise, and especially hymns that focus on our Savior's birth. 

I also spent a large chunk of the day listening to The Messiah as I was running errands and doing housework.  How I love that great work! We are singing some selections from it at our upcoming Stake Christmas Singalong concert, and very few things give me more joy.  Especially the Hallelujah chorus.  To be in a choir, singing Hallelujah, is what I imagine it will be like in heaven when we praise God. 

This is all to say, I love music. 

No comments: