Friday, January 25, 2008

Omaha

I was looking through some old pictures today, trying to get things a little more organized (hello nesting), and I found this gem of a photo. It's The Omaha Photo. Those of you who were there (of the people who read this blog, that is probably just Sabrina) will remember the event well. For the rest of you, this is from our bus trip across the country - Indiana 2000. OK, I guess it wasn't across the whole country, but it was a long ride. We rode a Greyhound from SLC to Indianapolis (a 36 hour ride) for a concert (Guster and DMB). We were only in Indianapolis for about 36 hours, and then it was back on a Greyhound for another 36 hours. Totally worth it. But this photo was our stop in Omaha, and coincidentally the only time I've ever been there. In case you can't tell, I'm not happy at this point. I had just fallen asleep, and then we stopped and they made everyone get off the bus for a cleaning. And it was my first real experience with humidity. I don't like humidity, as it turns out. Someday I'll have to give Omaha a chance to redeem itself. But, as you can tell, Greg and Scott are having a keen time, chowing on their cupcakes. Such a good photo, and such a ghood memory!

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

As it turns out, that picture makes me crack up every time! Such a good memory. What a trip! Remember Des Moines? I think that was even better than Omaha. Too bad we don't have a picture of you and me being bitter :)

Nadine said...

i'm totally nesting right now too. de-junking and organizing can be so exhausting. sounds like a fun trip, except for the bus ride part, but an adventure i'm sure.

Alex said...

Whoa, thats a killer look... I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that Shannon glare! :)