Tuesday, January 29, 2008

God Bless Our Prophet Dear

President Hinckley will be missed, no doubt about it. But I don't think I'm nearly as sad as everyone else is. I have no doubt of where he is going. And he was pretty old. And he enjoyed good health up until the end. And he now gets to be with his beloved wife. His passing almost seems like a happy occasion, a celebration of a life well lived. Last night Clark and I were swapping President Hinckley memories, and that man has left quite the legacy behind him. I realized that he has been in the First Presidency my entire life - he was set apart as a counselor to Spencer W. Kimball 16 days before I was born. And he's done so much for the church! I was reading the special section dedicated to him in the Deseret Morning News, and I was astounded at all the things he has done. It really puts it into perspective when you see it put down on paper, and all in the same place. He was a great man. Yet the church will go on without him. Things will stay pretty much the same. And I find great comfort in that fact.

In other news, it snowed yesterday. In St George. I think it's the first time this season; at least it's the first time this season that I've seen it. I liked it.

Oh, and we put together Wombsly's new dresser last night. Clark did most of the work - I was the lovely assistant who handed him screws and dowels. Here's a photo of the finished product. And that is our new lamp on top. Both are products of IKEA.

No comments: