Saturday, January 19, 2008

Interesting Mail

Earlier this week, I got a new magazine in the mail. Hmmm, magazine is probably the wrong word. . . catalog is more like it. I don't really mind getting catalogs in the mail, it's kind of like shopping without crowds and lines and annoying salespeople. Not that I ever buy anything from catalogs, but still, it's probably the most enjoyable "window shopping" experience for me. So where is the catalog from? Cabela's. Cabela's is not really my type of store. However, I do enjoy camping and hiking, and they have plenty of gear for both of those activities. But wait! This is not just the Cabela's catalog. This is the Cabela's Shooting Reloading catalog. It's got everything you could ever want for hunting: ammunition, firearm accessories, clothing, footwear, optics. Anyone who knows me knows how I feel about guns. I don't like them. In fact, they make me somewhat uncomfortable. I've never touched a gun, let alone fired one. And I'm kind of proud of that fact. Gun control is one issue where I lean toward the Democrats. I don't think we should abolish all guns, but I am all about controlling them. And hunting is gross to me. Why did I get this catalog, you ask? We bought Clint some ammo for Christmas. And we used my credit card. All apologies to Cabela's, but you guys just wasted 200 pages of paper. At least I got a blog post out of it.

4 comments:

Nadine said...

oh man...i hate it when that happens. all that junk mail really is just a waste of paper. btw..your belly is looking really cute. you are a cute prego mama.

Alex said...

You know, Ben and I were just talking about that yesterday... After growing up in NYC and watching people die of gunshot wounds on my doorstep many, many times I too have ZERO tolerance for guns and HATE HATE H-A-T-E them. And the hunting thing... well, we all know how I feel about animals. Boy, the world is lucky I'm not in charge of setting the rules, lol. :) On a totally unrelated note, CUTE belly!!! :)

Adam Lowe said...

The gun issue always makes me wonder if there were pro- and anti-sword lobbies in ancient times.

I enjoyed all the shooting I did at scout camp, but I don't think I could ever have a gun in my home.

Ben said...

Three words women on target. There are a lot of pro-gun people out here in Oklahoma. I've been hunting once in my life and my dad used to love to hunt in Utah. But I'll respectfully decline to own a gun for my wife's sake.