Monday, January 21, 2008

Cake Mix Cookies

Last week I made some of the most delicious cookies I have ever made. And, as fate would have it, they were also some of the easiest cookies I have ever made. I got the basic recipe from allrecipes.com (a most excellent website, check it out if you haven't already):

CAKE MIX COOKIES
2 eggs
1 (18.25 ounce) package cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Mix ingredients together. Make little balls with the dough and set on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 4 - 10 minutes.

Ok, 4-10 minutes is quite the window, so I'd say it's more like 8-10 minutes. So there is the basic recipe, and it's great. I've made it quite a few times with all different flavors of cake mixes. But this most recent batch was incredible: chocolate cake mix, with mint chocolate chips added in. Oh wow. I love mint chocolate. So very much. And when they were nice and warm, fresh out of the oven, and the chocolate chips were melted and gooey: HEAVEN.

2 comments:

Nadine said...

yum! my mom makes these all of the time. so good! i like the yellow cake mix or white cake mix.

Sabrina said...

My mom makes those chocolate cake mix cookies with mint chips. Soooo delicious. I've never tried other cake mixes. I'm intrigued.