Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Baby Shower Weekend!

This weekend Clark and I were able to head up north for a weekend of Baby Showers! I was fortunate enough to have 2 showers on the same day - one thrown by my family, and the other thrown by my friends. A big thank you to everyone who helped put them together, and to everyone who came. By the end of the day I was feeling pretty loved, and I'm sure Wombsly was feeling the same way.

So the first shower, the family shower, was held at the Social Room in Brigham Apartments (where my parents live). It had a "ladybug" theme, as our crib sheets/gear have ladybugs on them. So cute. Whitney and Jessica (the hostesses) made me some ladybug flip flops to wear, and there were ladybug decorations everywhere. And Whitney gave Wombsly a huge, soft, stuffed ladybug - I'm sure she'll love it. The food was delicious, and the company outstanding. For those of you who don't know, my Grandma Hurst is a quilter, she makes a quilt for every wedding and baby. So she gave us a quilt. But this quilt is beautiful. She won a blue ribbon for it at the state fair and it's been sitting in her closet for years and years. I am so grateful to have it, it's a real treasure.

The second shower, the friends shower, was held at the Paradise Bakery and Cafe. I had never been there before, but I had heard so many good things about it, so I was pretty excited to try it out. I wasn't disappointed. It was so good! I had a quiche pie, and that was delicious. I wish I would have gotten a cream cheese brownie, but I was just too full (another casualty of the pregnancy - I just can't fit as much in my stomach anymore). And I was impressed at how many people came out to join us. It was so good to see everyone, and it made me miss living closer to everyone. We need to get together more often, not just for weddings and babies.

I had my sister Kim take pictures with my camera at the family shower, so here are a few of those. I did bring my camera to the friends shower, but remember how I never take pictures? Yeah. Sad. The only picture I have is of the balloons that Karen sent (thanks, Karen!). And that picture is taken after the shower, in my parents' apartment. So, if any of you have pictures you'd like to send my way, they'd be appreciated. And the final picture in the slideshow is the pile of gifts now sitting in Wombsly's room, after a lot of condensing on my part. I was going to take more pictures of the actual stuff, but I just got to tidying up and suddenly everything was put away (if you can call that being put away). So maybe you'll get some pictures of that another day.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Your welcome! I felt so lame not being there..:(

Nadine said...

showers are the best. you feel so loved. and it's so nice to really be able to see what you have left to go and buy. by the looks of it...not much for you. how fun.

Em said...

It was great to see you this last weekend! I loved watching the slide show of pictures. We've been working on decorating McKenna's new "big girl room" which has a lady bug theme, so I've been a little obsessed with lady bug memorabilia. As a connoisseur of lady bugs let me tell you...you got some cute stuff!