Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Shannon and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Do you ever wake up just knowing it's going to be a bad day? That was me this morning. I'm just not in a happy mood. Which is funny because yesterday was fine, this weekend was wonderful. We got our taxes done yesterday, and we are getting a pretty good refund, which is awesome. And I really do have a good life. But today, I feel all mad at the world. Partly it's because of unsolvable problems, partly it's because of the headache I've got (I think it's the allergies), and probably the fact that I didn't sleep well has something to do with my mood. So the question I pose to all of you is: What do you do to put yourself in a better mood? I'm sure everyone has their little thing that makes them feel better. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? Let me know you're out there.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Two words: ice cream.

Sabrina said...

This is probably a no-brainer coming from me and I don't believe it has the same effect on you, but a nice looooong, hot bath. I do like Suzanne's suggestion too though. Good luck feeling better!

alisquire said...

Chocolate and shopping (as long as you buy something good and don't come away empty-handed). I hope your day improves!

Melissa said...

I usually just go back to bed and try again later! Kids permitting, of course. Or I put in a CD that makes me want to dance.

Alex said...

Harry always makes me feel better.

W.L.Platt said...

Dreyer's has a new line of ice cream out called "Loaded." I recommend it highly. Butterfinger and Cookie Dough are excellent. Alternatively, Haagen Dazs has a Triple Chocolate and (my favorite) Mayan Chocolate. Extremely theraputic. And you don't need a prescription.

Shanny said...

Turns out the best medicine for a rotten day is flowers from your husband. :)