Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Scripture Power!

I have never been the best scripture reader. I just forget, and I get caught up in other, less important things. I mean, really, here I am, I work part-time from home, and I take care of our house. Surely I have time to read scriptures, but I just don't. I work, and then I clean, and then it's time for dinner, and then we watch TV. Yeah, TV. We need to watch less TV. Anyway, Clark and I have been pretty good about reading scriptures together, but I have been sadly lacking in the area of personal scripture study.

You wanna guess what our lesson in Relief Society was on Sunday? That's right: Scriptures! So I've turned over a new leaf, I've decided that I really can't afford not to read the scriptures. Life is just better when I do. So I pulled out my old scripture markers (for some reason that helps me, to have the markers there), and started afresh yesterday. I've decided to read the New Testament, since that is what the Sunday School classes are doing this year (I'm in the Marriage and Family Relations class right now, but someday we'll get to the New Testament). I'm excited about it. Anyway, with this renewed effort, I've decided I should keep track of what I read each day, in the hopes that I'll stay on top of it if I have to record my readings everyday. Thus the new blog feature: Scripture Reading of the Day. It's at the bottom of the page, don't worry. Really, it's just for me, but I thought I'd give a little explanation of it.

And just so you know, we did get the newspaper this morning. And there was much rejoicing.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Way to go, Shans. I don't know if this will help you, but I read my scriptures the same time everyday. That way, I notice if I haven't done it yet. It's kind of like brushing my teeth. I just can't go to bed without doing it. Good luck with your renewed effort!