Monday, March 12, 2007

Call me Zig. Zigmo.

I'm just a blogging fiend today, but I just thought that Rob and Amber getting out needed a post all on its own.

My parents came down last night, and they brought with them a box full of my old books and things. I thought that it would be more like textbooks and novels and stuff, but it turns out that it was children's books, and my old journals, yearbooks, etc. I love strolling down memory lane, remember what it was like to be a kid. Good times. Of particular note is the fact that I found my old old journal, the one my mom wrote in for me, starting when I was 18 months old. I had thought it was lost and gone forever, I hadn't seen the thing since I was about 15. Anyway, it's interesting to look back and remember all sorts of things. And not remember things. For instance, I always signed my journal, it was kind of like an Anne Frank thing, like writing a letter to the reader or something. Anyway, there are a few entries from June 1994 where I signed my name, "Shannon Anderson, alias Zig(mo)." So I'm sitting here trying to remember where on earth I got the name Zig(mo) and who even called me that. It sounds vaguely familiar, but I certainly wouldn't have remembered it if I hadn't read it. So if anyone out there remembers me being called Zig(mo) and has some insight, I'd love to hear it. But since the chances of that are slim to none, I'll just have to keep pondering it over here.

1 comment:

W.L.Platt said...

Sorry, Zigmo. I have no idea. But say hi to your folks for me!