Monday, March 05, 2007

4 inches?

On Saturday, I got my haircut. It was long overdue, really, seeing as the last time I had my hair cut was Memorial Day. And that time I had gone in to Great Clips because I donated my 10 inches to Locks of Love and they give free haircuts if you do that. Let's just say that it was most definitely a free haircut, nothing fancy, nothing exciting. And my "stylist" didn't even speak English very well, it was not the greatest of experiences, but it's all good. I am not so picky about my hair, and since it was a simple cut, we were good.

Anyway, back to Saturday. I got all shampooed, back in the chair, we are ready to go, and she mentions that it looks like the back is a bit shorter than the front, but that is apparently somewhat normal, especially if you haven't cut your hair in a while. Some parts just grow faster. I thought that was weird, but understandable, no big deal. She starts cutting. And then she has this look on her face like, I don't want to freak her out, which of course makes me wonder what is going on. She says, "Um, there is a really big difference from the front to the back, like 4 inches." 4 inches?! You mean to tell me I've been walking around with my hair 4 inches shorter in the back?! OK, I wasn't quite that upset, but I was starting to feel embarrassed, like I'd been walking around with crappy hair for months. But she mentioned that it really didn't look like that big of a difference when I came in, and it looked fine. So I felt a bit better.

Anyway, she evened it out, and gave me a very cute cut. She kept worrying that I would not be happy because it is too short, but not at all, I love it. And it's not even that short, I've had it much shorter. It's cute, I like it. I just thought I'd share the 4 inches adventure.

3 comments:

alisquire said...

Did you get an A-line cut? I've been sporting that look for a while, and rather like the shorter-in-back look.

Sabrina said...

I never noticed it was shorter in the back, so no worries. However, like Al said, it sound like an A line, so if anyone noticed it, they probably thought that's what it was. I think you should post a picture of the new 'do. I haven't gotten a haircut for quite some time too. I need to make an appointment. I don't think I'll get highlights this time though. Last time was the 6.5 hour fiasco, and I know Adie wouldn't last that long!

Shanny said...

See, I don't think that I got an A-line cut back last year, because it really was a cut that took no time at all. She just put it in a pony tail, chopped it off, and evened it out. It seemed pretty blunt to me, but then again, who knows. I'm a fashion dunce!