Monday, March 26, 2007

Doh!

I had quite the "Doh!" moment this weekend. We had purchased some cookies for the Millars' after-blessing extravaganza, and I thought it would be better to put the cookies on a plate and pretend that I had made them than to bring in the packaging from the store. So I found a paper plate at the Blockburger's abode, and some saran wrap. Saran wrap is always such a struggle. It sticks so well to itself that you have a huge ball of saran wrap that you have to untangle, and yet it doesn't stick to anything else, so it practically falls off the plate of cookies. I was struggling with just getting it out of the box, so Clark came in to give me a hand. He held the box while I rolled some of the plastic out, and then I made the swift motion to rip it off. Alas! Clark wasn't ready for that swift motion! I yanked, he held onto the box, but the roll of saran wrap came flying out, hitting me in the eye. It actually stung pretty bad, and I was in shock that it had come at me so fast. One minute I'm working on unfolding the edges, the next minute, WHAM! Right in the eye! But after about 10 minutes, I thought it was rather comical. So I shared.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

That is pretty funny and extremely funny that you feigned bringing homemade cookies, not that we care. We just appreciated you bringing some. Thanks for making all those sacrifices so we could have them :D