Friday, December 08, 2006

Visitors

I'm amazed that I went a whole day without posting on this thing. But I was busy yesterday because my family was in town. They are going to San Diego, and stopped here overnight. It's a nice way to break the trip up, and they got to see me, so everyone wins.

My dear sister Kim is back from Paris, so she came down with the fam. She showed me pictures from her. . . you know, I keep wanting to call it a trip, but it wasn't a trip, it was a semester abroad. So I guess I should say pictures from her time in France. That sounds better. Anyway, it looked like an incredible experience, I was so jealous of all the amazing things she saw and did. And she was able to eat some fabulous foods, however with that came the not so fabulous (live oysters, anyone?). I would love to go to the pastry shops, but I would not be all about some of the other stuff. But still, what an experience!

One funny thing about my family is the way we all want everyone to be happy. We went out to eat last night, and just deciding where to go took like 20 minutes. If someone doesn't seem completely happy, we have to change our plans. It's actually a miracle that anything gets decided sometimes. And while it might be more helpful to have one strong-willed person just make the decision, then we would all know that at least one person wasn't happy and everyone would feel bad. It's just a funny thing we do.

I have nothing else to say. I already feel like this is somewhat boring. Maybe something funny will happen today.

No comments: