Saturday, December 16, 2006

Fork to the mouth

Advice for the week: Do not walk around with a sharp object in your mouth, even if it is only for a minute. I have heard this advice before, but I did not heed it, much to my sorrow. I had a fork in my mouth yesterday, and I was just going to pour myself a glass of water. Unfortunately, when I was putting the pitcher back in the fridge, the other end of the fork hit the fridge door as it was swinging out, ramming those little tines into the roof of my mouth. Two actually pierced the skin, one got the hard pallet, one got the soft pallet. The worst part about it was that I was preparing lunch because I was hungry. But then I had to wait for the bleeding to stop, and even after that my mouth was pretty tender. When something affects my eating, then I really start to take it seriously. Needless to say, I learned my lesson.

No comments: