Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Dinner is Served

Tonight we went to Clark's company Christmas party, which was dinner at a nice restaurant. It was nice to meet some of the people Clark works with, and the food was excellent. That is the real purpose of this post, the food. It's what I live for. Quite literally.

First of all, I had a salad with bleu cheese dressing, which was divine. When did I become an adult? I actually really enjoyed the salad, rather than just suffering through it to be polite. I also tried calamari for the first time, and while it was better than I thought, I don't think I'll be ordering it anytime soon. It's just the fact that I know what it is, ruins the whole experience for me. And finally, for the main course I had some butternut squash ravioli. I really didn't know what to expect, and I thought it was good for me to be adventurous. The food came, I took a bite, and I thought, "I must be cheating, I'm eating pumpkin pie for dinner!" It was great! Just like a pumpkin pie wrapped in pasta. I liked it. I've converted to butternut squash. I can't believe that I really am writing a post about my dinner, but it really was an adventure for me.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow, good for you! I had a similar experience when I had pumpkin soup for the first time. It doesn't taste like pumpkin pie, but it is very good.

I don't know if I would have eaten the bleu cheese dressing, though.

Sabrina said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm...Calamari. If we're ever in same place at the same time where Calamari is served you can pass yours my way. Good, good stuff! But, I am a seafood lover, whereas, I know where you stand. In fact, considering that, you were quite the trooper to even try it. Way to go! I don't know that I would have tried for squash ravioli. Squash is where some of my food issues come in.

Alex said...

Ravioli- YUM... Butternut Squash- YUM! Wow, I bet those 2 together are amazing! See, I told you BNS was good! That reminds me, I need to send over that soup recipe!!!

Shanny said...

You know, calamari wasn't nearly as fishy as I thought it would be. But, again, just knowing what it is puts me in the mindset not to like it. But let's just say that if I was hungry and that was all I could eat, I'd survive just fine.

Suzanne said...

I love calamari. I get it every time I go to Macaroni Grill. Love it.