Monday, December 04, 2006

National Helpful Day

I think I'm going to declare today National Helpful Day.

As you know, we've been having problems with getting our furniture. I called again today, and they said that they are still waiting for our loveseat to come in, and it would probably get here on the 8th. My parents and sisters are actually stopping in town on the 7th on their way to San Diego, and I had hoped that by then we would have a place for them to sit. I mentioned this to the salesman (his name is Aaron, and he is the one who actually sold us the furniture. He is one of the good people who work there.) He said, OK, let me see what I can do. I'm thinking, there is most likely nothing you can do, but oh well. He called back not 10 minutes later to tell me that he feels so bad that it has been so long of a wait for us, and he talked to his manager. They decided to deliver what they have (being our sofa and tables) on Wednesday, and then just deliver the loveseat when it comes in. How helpful is that?!

Then I called the health insurance company. This can often be a traumatic experience. I called because, since we just moved, we don't have any doctors down here, and I needed an appointment in January. First of all, she said that she would send me a Providers List. That was help #1. Then I explained to her what kind of doctor I was looking for and why, and she found a doctor with a specialty in exactly what I needed. That was help #2. Then she put me on hold and actually called the doctor's office to see if they had an appointment in January, like I had wanted. That was help #3. Then she conferenced them in so that I was able to make the appointment. That was help #4. Finally, she gave me the address and phone number of the office, and asked if I wanted to be transferred to the benefits department just so that I would know what was covered. That was help #5. 5 instances of help from the health insurance?! That is unheard of! I was impressed.

And the final helpful place is Walgreen's. You may or may not know this, but I have had no good experiences with the Walgreen's. They have always been slow and unhelpful. But I needed some pictures printed, and since the Target down here doesn't have a Photo Center, Walgreen's was it. I uploaded the pictures, and they said they would be ready for pickup in a hour. I was skeptical, but they even let me check the progress online, and indeed, they were ready in an hour. I love this day, and it's only 10:40am!

No comments: