Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Things that go bump in the night.

I was fast asleep the other night, when I was awakened by a noise. Being half asleep, I had no idea what it was, I thought maybe it was a knock on the door (no, this makes no sense because it was like 4am, again, I was half asleep). So I ask Clark if he heard a knock on the door, he mumbles something, and I go back to sleep.

Fast forward to breakfast time. I go downstairs, eat breakfast, read the paper, and as I'm putting my bowl away, I notice that one of our walls looks rather bare. This is the wall that I have been facing for the past half hour, I have no idea why I didn't notice it for so long. Turns out the noise was the picture frame collage falling to the ground (if you don't know what the picture frame collage looks like, you can look here in the dining area picture). I was very nervous to assess the damages, seeing as there are 10 individual picture frames and any or all of them could have been broken. Turns out it was just one frame that broke, the wood came apart at the joints. No broken glass. I felt very lucky of that fact. And the broken frame shouldn't be too hard to fix. I just can't find the Krazy Glue for the life of me! That's what happens when you move, you know just where everything was in your old place, but no idea where it might be in the new place.

No comments: