Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Free Tour!

What's that you say? You'd like a tour of our house? Well, sure! Follow me. . .

(*Note: you can click on the pictures to enlarge them. Just in case you thought they were too small.)

This is the entryway. We're thinking we might put our organ here someday. You know, when it's actually in St George instead of at my parents' house. And provided it will fit.

First on the tour, we'll head down the hall. Ignore all the pictures waiting to be hung.
Oh, that door is the coat closet.

The first room we come to, on the right, is the spare room. It currently houses our keyboard, bookshelf, and un-used computer desk. It's also the "guest room." If you don't mind sleeping on an air mattress, you are welcome anytime. We love visitors.
The next room is Julia's room. Unfortunately, it's naptime, so we won't be seeing that room.

This is the bathroom. You'll notice that we kept the seashell shower curtain. We did purchase a new liner (I tried to wash the old one with vinegar, and it didn't fix the problem). And our other bathroom has a liner only. Someday we'll get a cute curtain for in there, but it's pretty far down the list of things to buy for the house. Maybe I'll get one for Christmas?

This is the linen closet. We have so much storage space in this house, I love it!
Now entering: the Master Suite.
Yes, that is a door to the backyard. I like it.
You'll notice that we each have our own closet. This is Clark's. It's the smaller of the 2, but it's twice as big as his old closet.
You'll see my closet to the left of the sink. Notice the archway, I think it's pretty. If we turn to the right, we come to. . .
The master bath! It's small, but functional.
OK, now let's head back down the hall and to the front room. There's a lovely pile of pictures to be hung here as well. And you can't see it in the pictures, but we have nice, high ceilings in our front room, and I love it.

Here is our dining area, complete with bay window. And our new (to us) dining table and chairs! They are from my Great-Aunt Alice. Antiques, in fact. And loads better than our old table.
If you turn around, you'll see our built in computer desk/piano nook. We don't have a piano yet (that is also in SLC, waiting for a means to get down to us), but when we do we think it'll fit nicely here. Also, this is why we aren't using the computer desk. We wanted to have our computer in the front room, and the desk was already built in, so we're using it.
Here's the kitchen. We have lots of counter space.
I love having the microwave over the oven. And I love that our fridge has an icemaker. Woot!
Just off the kitchen, we have the laundry room. There are some more cabinets here. We seriously have so much storage space, we have some empty cabinets. It's nice to not feel crammed anymore.
And opposite the washer and dryer, we have our pantry. It looks like we'll need to be working on our food storage. I swear, there is more food in there than it seems - I should know, I'm the one who moved it all.
And finally we come to the garage. Complete with shelving. Very handy.
And because cars belong in garages, here's a picture of my car.
OK, that's the house. OH WAIT! We have a yard! Here's a shot of our rosebushes and the door from our bedroom.
We have a peach tree! Hopefully we'll get a good crop next year!
And here is a picture of the neighbor's dog who hates me. We have a lot of dogs in this neighborhood, and I swear they have the Twilight Bark (like in 101 Dalmations). One of them starts, and suddenly there are dogs barking all over the place. I walked outside to take the pictures, and BAM, barking. Also, this picture highlights our gnome/dwarf.
Looking to the left.
And here is another dog that hates me. He's hard to see, as he's small (and therefore yippy) and in the bushes. I hope the circle helps.
There is our tomato plant. Part of it is dead, part of it is alive. Or at least was, it might have died in the cold weather we've been having, I don't know. But I do know that we've eaten tomatoes from our own backyard, and I don't think I can ever go back to store bought tomatoes again.
Our little garden on the side.
And here is a nice shot of our patio. We could have some great BBQ's out here. If we owned a grill. Someday, someday.
Well, thanks for coming on the tour. It was long, but I hope you enjoyed finally seeing pictures of the house!
(I didn't include any pictures of the front yard because, well, I don't want to be stalked. Though, I don't think many people read this blog, and I've got my last name on here, but still. I guess it's the principle of the thing.)

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

What a nice tour and you cleaned up very nicely from our untidy weekend. Since I've been in the house before it was very easy to visualize everything, but even if I hadn't I think I'd get a very good idea about your new place. It is very nice. Good work and thanks for a fun, relaxed weekend!

Cheryl said...

It's nice to see it with furniture! It {still} looks like a great house! The dogs bark every time we're out on a walk, too (which isn't very often or we'd stop by, but I'm pregnant and don't feel up to it, sorry!).

alisquire said...

So cute! I can't believe how organized everything is already. Good work. I love the Twilight Bark reference. I was actually thinking about that just the other day!

Em said...

You're a fabulous tour guide! Thanks for showing us around! The house looks gorgeous! We'll be more than happy to help you break in the guest room. =) Have fun hanging pictures. (we still have pictures that I haven't gotten around to hanging and we've been at our place a year and a half.)

Melissa said...

Thanks for the tour! Looks like you have tons of space for your little family. The house (and your stuff) looks very pretty!

Emily said...

Good job on the tour, your new house is really cute! And c
ongrats on being homeowners, it's a whole new adventure! ;)