Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Christopher Columbus!

Yesterday was Columbus Day. Nobody cares. Except for us, because Clark had the day off! And the M's were in town for the weekend!

A word to the M's: we are so glad you made the last minute decision to come and visit us one last time before your big move to Tucson. It was so fun to have you stay at our house (!), teach us Speed Scrabble, play Fantan with us, and generally have a great time. So thank you.

Clark and I went out to The Pasta Factory for dinner, to honor the old Italian himself. It was very tasty, and I can't believe we'd never been there before. Well, actually, I can, because in Clark's words, "It's the forgotten stepchild restaurant of The Pizza Factory." I'm just glad he didn't use the term "red-headed stepchild," as you can imagine. And then we came home, put Julia to bed, and watched a movie.

So we watched I Am Legend, and I liked it, it was a good movie. But probably not the best movie for me to watch, especially not right before bed. Because I am deathly afraid of 2 things: the dark and being alone. Right. Bad movie choice. We crawl in bed after the movie, and I just start bawling, because I don't want to be alone, and I don't want people to die, blah blah blah. It sounds ridiculous, I know, but that really is my biggest fear. It was a miracle I ever got to sleep.

All in all, it was a good Columbus Day. No pictures of the house yet, because, well, with a baby and a toddler and house guests, it turned into somewhat of a diaster area, but we're getting things cleaned up. Soon, my friends. Your patience will be rewarded.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Hi Shannon. I'm catching up on reading my friends blogs... don't worry, I haven't posted to mine in a month! I'll have to do that sometime. But anyway, I just read this post and two words jumped out at me: Speed Scrabble!!! We love Speed scrabble. Well, actually I love it, but Mark doesn't so much because I always beat him. I can't believe we never played with you before. Anyway, we'll have to play sometime soon. And we want to come visit you in your new home :)