Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Plea for Help

For our wedding, Clark and I registered for this cute kitchen set:


After we opened all our presents, we discovered that we were only missing the flour canister. However, it was marked as "purchased" on our registry, so we decided not to buy it ourselves, and just wait for it to come to us. I mean, really, someone went to all the trouble of buying, of course they'll give it to us. Right?

Wrong. About 6 months later, we still hadn't gotten any flour canister. So I decided that the time had come to buy it myself. But alas! My beloved Target was discontinuing this line! And while they still had some of the other pieces on clearance, the flour canisters were all gone. Gone!

And so, here we are, 4 years later, with no flour canister. Part of me thinks that I should just get another one that doesn't match, and then this other part of me is holding out hope that either I'll find it for sale on ebay, or the purchaser of the wedding gift will find it in their garage and realize they never sent it, and be brave enough to send it 4 1/2 years late. So here's the plea: if you are that person, we don't care at all that you haven't sent it yet, we'd just be happy to take it now! In fact, the value of your gift has increased greatly (at least in my eyes) as time has passed. So just send it. Please?

Oh, and the other plea: if you are ever looking at garage sales, or on ebay, and you happen across a canister that looks like this (except it says FLOUR):


please buy it for me. I'll pay you back.

9 comments:

Em said...

LOL I promise I didn't buy the flour container...but if I had, I'd probably give it to you and pretend like I found it at DI, instead of admitting that it had been in my garage for 4.5 years.

Cute set! I'll keep my eyes peeled for the flour canister!

Ben said...

Look at the bottom for a serial number and google the serial number. Sometimes that works for finding that kind of stuff. (we broke a dish and found a replacement that way).

Shanny said...

All I've got on the bottom is:

Home (with a circle around it)
Made in China
Dishwasher Safe

Obviously it's quality stuff.

Adam Lowe said...

Do you know what they're made out of? Ceramic or something?

Shanny said...

They are indeed ceramic.

Adam Lowe said...

Wow, this is a tough one. Do you still have the wedding registry? Maybe there is a SKU or UPC number or something on there that you could use to look it up.

Shanny said...

Amazingly enough, we do still have the registry! But the only thing on there is the DCPI#, and that doesn't seem to be very helpful. It's 200-0-172. Of course, I don't really know what to do with that, other than google it and look on target.com.

Becca said...

Hey I found your blog! It's fun to see the pictures of your house and your cute Julia! I know that "not eating thing" can be so frustrating. She'll come around though when she wants to. And, sweet potatoes are the best. Load em up with butter, brown sugar, and marshmallows, and you can't go wrong! (We actually prefer yams, even though most everyone will tell you they are the same.) I hope you get your cannister someday. See you at choir.

Kim said...

Sad day! Apparently this is a common problem. This website has some ideas:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf687752.tip.html

(FYI: you have to scroll down a lot to see the answers). I thought it was cool that ebay will email you if something you are looking for comes available. Didn't that happen with your dining set too?