Thursday, October 23, 2008

"And I'm back in the game!"

I made a triumphant return to Gold's Gym last night. Yeah, my account has been on freeze for at least a year, maybe longer, and last night I decided to just be brave and go. Julia was in bed, Clark was playing Starcraft, it was the perfect time to go.

OK, brace yourselves. . . I liked it. I actually enjoyed working out. Me! Exercise hater! Now I like it! Or at least I liked it the one time I went last night. But still, progress is being made. Also, I discovered that they have a Zumba class on Wednesday evenings (at 6:30, so not quite the ideal time of 8:30, but still doable). I have heard a lot of good things about Zumba, it's basically a latin dance exercise class, so i'm pretty excited to go to that.

There. Now I have 3 posts about the gym.

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

Check you out! It took me until I was 20 to like the gym. Now, I get antsy if I don't do something to exercise everyday. Looking at me, you wouldn't guess that necessarily, but it can get addicting.

Alex said...

WOOT! Thats awesome, hope you enjoy Zumba, it sounds like fun!

Megan D. said...

Congratulations! We bought a gym pass and went for a week like clockwork and then we missed a couple days and it has been downhill from there. You've inspired us to get back on the train. :)

Porters said...

way to go Shannon...I don't know what Zumba is, but is sounds impressive and intimidating and that is always good when working out right?

Porters said...

way to go Shannon...I don't know what Zumba is, but is sounds impressive and intimidating and that is always good when working out right?