Thursday, September 25, 2008

Smoke-Free Again!

In a delightful twist of events. . .

THE SMOKING BANK ROBBERS MOVED!!

They were loading up their car yesterday while I was loading mine up. And then there was a notice posted on their door indicating that everyone had to be out by 9:30 this morning, or else they would be removed from the premises. And there would be a lawyer there to remove them. Whoa! I guess the owner didn't like having smoking bank robber tenants either.

Of course, we're moving too. But the fantastic news is last night we had our windows open and there was no smoke! And tonight will be the same! And then we'll be in our house! I'm so glad that we can leave on a happy, smoke-free note.

5 comments:

Mona said...

yay!

Lindsey Montague said...

I love that you nickname your neighbors to. It keeps life sane, or just makes us really mean. Sometimes I wonder what my neighbors nickname us. Or do I wanna know? We have "the smokers," but none are band robbers. That's good.

ilikewinter said...

Wait, why are they robbers? But I like the name. And I want more details... did they get kicked out because they were smoking (is it against the rules??).

Whatever the reason, good to have some fresh air, eh?

Nadine said...

too bad they didn't move a long time ago. at least you'll be in your house soon and will be able to enjoy the crisp fall air. btw, is clark still interested in a tutoring job? if he is, how much does he want to charge? e mail me and let me know.

Shanny said...

To those of you who are wondering why our neighbors were called the bank robbers, it's because one of them robbed a bank. For the full story, let me direct your attention to my post from September 4, titled "Robbers Go Away." Also, we still don't have internet at our house (that's a whole post in and of itself), and the library doesn't let you look at blogs, so I haven't blogged for a while, but hopefully we'll be back soon.